- Contest is open to amateur photographers only. Black Hawk County residency is not required.
- All photos must be original to the photographer and must be taken between January 1, 2021 and October 15, 2021.
- All photos MUST be taken in parks and areas managed by Black Hawk County Conservation (BHCC). See https://www.mycountyparks.com/County/Black-Hawk/Parks.aspx for a list of qualifying properties.
- Categories: You may enter photos captured with any kind of camera except for the last category - that is only cell phone photos.
- Special category for only cell phone photos: On the Go
- One entry per category per person.
- Images should be no larger than 2MB and must be in JPEG format.
- Email each photo entry in a separate email message to email@example.com.
For each emailed photo you must include:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- The category entered
- In which park the photo was taken
- Description of the photo
For example: John Woods, 319-123-4567, Category: Wild Life, Big Woods Lake Campground, Green Heron flying over the lake.
- Only color enhancement and cropping of the photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the photo(s).
- BHCC reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at our discretion and if it doesn't fit the criteria in the rules.
- If a person appears in the photo entry, the photographer must obtain written permission from them for BHCC to use their image.
- All photographers must agree to allow BHCC use of their photos in all media platforms. BHCC agrees to credit each photographer for each use and agrees to no alterations. An agreement will be emailed to each entrant at the close of contest.
- Three winning photographs will be announced on BHCC Facebook page on November 1, 2021. Enlargements of the winning photographs will be printed and then displayed in Hartman Reserve Interpretive Building November 1-30, 2021, then released to the entrants. “Best in Show” photo will be featured on the cover of the new Black Hawk County Parks Guide, to be released in January 2022.
- Any questions can be directed to Connie at firstname.lastname@example.org